Mac OSX (Tiger) - Dialer Creation
Click on System Preferences icon at the bottom of the screen in the Dock. A window will appear like the example below.
Click on the Network icon at the top of that window. The window will change and look similar to the example below.
Click on the pull-down menu next to Show and select Internal Modem.
Make sure that PPP is selected. If it is not, click on the PPP label.
- Enter "mc.net" for the Service Provider.
- Enter your e-mail username in the Account Name field (your username is the first part of your e-mail address, so if your e-mail address is "firstname.lastname@example.org", then your username is "johndoe").
- Enter your mc.net e-mail password in the blank next to Password.
- Enter the local dial-up number for your area in the field next to Telephone Number. Find your local dial-up number. Note: If you require 10-digit dialing in order to access a local number, make sure to include your area code.
Click on the PPP Options... button.
- Put a check in the box next to Connect automatically when needed, if there is not a check already, by clicking the box next to the text.
- Uncheck the box next to Disconnect if idle for 10 minutes, if it's not already unchecked, by clicking the check box next to the text.
- Your window should now look exactly like the example below.
- Click the OK Button
Click on the TCP/IP label at the top of the window. Make sure the menu next to Configure IPv4 shows Using PPP. If it does not, click on the menu and change it to Using PPP.
Click on the Modem label.
- Ensure that your modem is shown in the menu next to Modem. In almost all circumstances, the Apple Internal 56K Modem should be selected. Be sure that it is the "(v.90)" variation and not the "(v.92)" variation as mc.net does not currently support the v.92 communication standard.
- If there is no check next to Show modem status in menu bar click the box next to the text so it is checked. The window should now look exactly like the example below.
- Click the Apply Now button.
- Click on the System Preferences menu in the top left of the screen and choose Quit System Preferences.
- To connect to mc.net, click on the phone receiver icon in the menu bar at the top right of the screen and select Connect from the menu as shown in the example below.
- The text "Connecting..." will scroll across the menu next to the phone receiver icon until you are connected. It will then change to the amount of time have been connected.
- To disconnect from mc.net, click on the phone receiver icon in the menu bar at the top right of the screen and select Disconnect from the menu as shown in the example below.
- The text "Disconnecting..." will scroll across the menu next to the phone receiver icon until you are fully disconnected from mc.net. It will then change to only the phone receiver icon.
Congratulations! You have created a Dial-Up connection for Mac OSX!
For more information, please contact us at 847-594-5111 or email email@example.com