Email Hosting Setup
Note: Email hosting customers only.
This document will take you through setting up a domain based e-mail account in Outlook 2003.
This document assumes you have already created an e-mail account through the e-mail administration panel and you are connected to the Internet via an mc.net connection.
Click Tools, Select E-mail Accounts.
Select Add a new e-mail account.
Enter in the appropriate information:
- Your Name: Your Name
- E-mail Address: Your E-mail Address
- Incoming mail server (POP3): webmail.mc.net
- Outgoing mail server(SMTP): webmail.mc.net*
- User Name: The e-mail account's username. This was assigned when the e-mail account was created.
- Password: The e-mail account's password. This was assigned when the e-mail account was created.
Select the More Settings... button.
- Select the Outgoing Server Tab.
- Select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select the OK button.
- Select Next.
- Select Finish.
- Restart Outlook.
*Many ISPs require you use their Outgoing (SMTP) mail server to send mail. For a list of third party SMTP servers please click here. You may also need your ISPs username/password to authenticate with their mail server.
For more information, please contact us at 847-594-5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org